Webling’s dress code establishes guidelines to help parents and students choose
proper school clothes for safety reasons and to create a positive school environment.
FOR SAFETY REASONS
- Footwear is mandatory.
- Footwear over 2” high must be covered or have a secured heal strap.
- Extremely oversized, baggy, or fitted clothes will not be allowed.
- Pants that drag on the ground or sag below the hips are not permitted.
- Shorts and pants must be worn at waist height. Exception: hip-huggers (but midriff must not be exposed).
- Oversized belts or buckles will not be allowed.
TO CREATE A POSITIVE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
- Clothing promoting/acknowledging inappropriate activities such as drugs, violence, inappropriate language should not be worn to school.
- Any gang related dress or fashion is prohibited.
- Hats or caps may not be worn in the building (except when pre-approved by the school).
- Length of shorts, skirts, skorts, or dresses shall not be shorter than pinky finger when arms are placed down next to body.
- Bike shorts will be allowed provided it is covered by a dress or long shirt and no shorter than pinky finger when arms are placed down next to body
- Revealing apparel exposing the bare midriff, front and/or back, will not be permitted.
- No halter tops, spaghetti strapped tops, fishnet tops, “see-through” tops, tube tops, or athletic/jersey tops with big armholes. All tops must have at least 1" straps.
- No make-up (except when pre-approved by the school).
CONSEQUENCES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE
Students not in compliance with the dress code will be sent to the principal for clarification and/or any/all of the following disciplinary actions:
- Turn shirt/blouse inside out or borrow clothes from the office
- Counseling for non-compliant behavior
- Inform parents of non-compliance/disciplinary actions
- Detention in school
- Parent Conference with student present