Dear Parents & Guardians,
Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your child will continue to have a successful school experience:
• Punctuality is crucial. Feeling rushed, pressured, or missing the morning routine may negatively affect the start of your child’s day. Please be on time!
• Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, please be sure that your child has a healthy breakfast before the school day starts. A nutritious snack (fruit, vegetables, etc.) is also helpful during recess.
• In keeping with our state’s initiative toward a healthier lifestyle, Webling asks that you DO NOT send your child with sugary treats such as candy, cakes, brownies, soda, etc. Healthy alternatives might be popcorn, pretzels, dried fruit, trail mix, granola bars, and fresh fruit or vegetables. This includes birthday celebrations also.
• Please make sure that your child gets enough rest. Research has shown that a good night’s sleep improves academic performance.
- Homework is a review of the skills learned in the classroom. It is essential that these skills are reinforced by the parents at home. Lack of responsibility results in lower report card marks and possible consequences, such as loss of recess or rewards.
- Please be sure to check your child’s agenda daily and sign if requested by the teacher. The agenda is a main form of communication between home and school.
Mahalo for your attention in meeting these basic requirements! Together we can help your child have a wonderful first grade year and reach their maximum potential!
First Grade Teachers